California Consumer Privacy Act
We are committed to protecting your privacy. If you are a California resident, California law has afforded you certain rights pertaining to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (“CCPA”).
What May I Request?
- Right to Know. You can request that we disclose to you: (i) the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources for that personal information, (iii) the purposes for which we will use that information, (iv) the categories of any third parties with whom we may disclose that information, and (v) the categories of information that we may disclose to any third parties. We will provide you this information for the 12-month period preceding your request. You can make a request to know twice a year.
- Right to Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal information and ask that our service providers to do the same. We will honor the request to delete unless one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: information that is necessary to complete a transaction or contract for which it was collected.
- Security: to detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents.
- Error Correction: to identify and repair any errors or bugs.
- Non-identifying information: To help diagnose problems and administer our site, information such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system may be gathered, but do not identify any individual.
- Legal: to comply with applicable laws or legal obligations, to protect against fraud or illegal activity, or to ensure the right of a consumer to exercise rights, such as free speech rights.
- Internal Use: to use in a lawful manner that is reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer and the context in which the consumer provided the information (i.e., improve our services).
- Right to Opt Out of Sales or Sharing. We do not sell your information. You may opt out of us sharing your information by submitting a request.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you and we will not charge you a different price or provide a different level of service for exercising your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You can request correction of any inaccurate personal information we have about you.
- Right to Limit. Upon your direction, we will limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information collected about you, such as only using this information to provide you with the services you requested.
May I Use an Authorized Agent?
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
May I Make Multiple Requests?
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
How Long Will It Take to Process My Request?
For verifiable consumer requests related to opting out of the sharing of data, we will respond within fifteen (15) days of receiving the request.
For all other requests, we will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of receipt. If necessary, we may require an additional forty-five (45) calendar days, at which point we would inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will provide an explanation in the event we are unable to process a request in whole or in part.
What Do I Need to Provide When Making a Request?
In order to verify your identity when you are making a request, you may need to provide the following information if applicable:
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Email address
We will match this information to the information in our systems and under certain circumstances may request additional information via email or telephone to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. We will maintain a record of your request.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, chats, social media, etc.).
How May I Make a Request?
You may make a request using one of the methods below:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending us a request via mail to:
- Attn: Privacy Officer
Independence Pet Group
11333 North Scottsdale Road, Suite 160
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Attn: Privacy Officer
Last Update: March 2023